Dear Assistant Superintendent MacGuffin:
Thank you for your interest in partnering with aggravatED, the education consultant-management education consulting firm, and for so thoughtfully completing our preliminary readiness screening tool, the Partner, Initiative, & Stakeholder Survey (PISS™).
Our consultant-management consultants looked with great interest at your PISS™, and they concluded definitively that your district would benefit from our innovative, strategic, and accountability-focused guidance.
As you may remember from our informational materials, our initial PISS™ analyses categorize participating schools/districts into four categories describing overall focus and consistency: Laser, Inconsistent, Diffuse, and Without Tangible Focus (WTF).
According to this scale, our initial analysis — which included a study of historic district performance and engagement data — identified your district’s PISS™ as just at the division between ‘Diffuse’ and ‘WTF’. Below are a few noteworthy — and seemingly competing — initiatives/partners that helped us reach these conclusions:
- Partnership with disruptED, ed-tech firm facilitating district’s 1:1 digital device initiative (in effect since 2013, no observable gain in student performance)
- Partnership with comprehendED, literacy intervention software providers/PD coaches (in effect as intervention for struggling readers district-wide since 2009, no observable, sustained gain in student performance)
- Partnership with makemathawesomED!, game-based math intervention software providers and math-growth-mindset programming (in effect as weekly math supplement — including PD for all elementary math teachers offsite once per month — since 2012; no observable gain in student performance, numerous schools have discontinued)
- Partnership with differentiatED, standards-based grading/differentiation advisers and PD coaches (implemented 2015, effect on student performance as yet uncertain; considerable amounts of PD time being used to implement at staff-training level)
- Partnership with restorED, restorative practices behavior-management trainers (introduced 2014, training teams of teacher leaders centrally; student suspensions down in schools over that period, but number and severity of violent incidents within schools have increased)
- Partnership with accountEDfor, teacher evaluation policy consultants (relationship beginning 2011, teacher evaluation system implemented 2012: as above, no observable gain in student performance)
These half-dozen examples should provide at least some illustration for your short-term consideration and planning. For our more comprehensive analysis of your district’s Diffuse/WTF PISS™ (and trust us, there’s lots more where this came from), please contact us to work out full report pricing and/or next steps for a fuller partnership with aggravatED. We look forward to hearing back from you and wish you the best in your continued efforts!